DIPLOMATIC IMMUNITY AS A TOOL RESEARCH BODIES FOREIGN COUNTRY SERVICES
The article describes the tools that allow diplomats to participate in the intelligence activity in the host country; main forms of such work are considered; key concepts are defined that collectively clarify and specify the main provisions used in diplomatic work.
Specific examples show the specific nature of unacceptable illegitimate diplomatic activity, which enables certain foreigners who enjoy diplomatic immunity to conduct intelligence activities and take measures that may be incompatible with diplomatic activity in the host country. This situation becomes especially acute in the conditions of armed aggression against our country. It is noted that in the process of exercising these functions, the diplomats of the aggressor country get the opportunity to support the destructive opposition in the territory of Ukraine, to select agents of influence, to carry out other intelligence activities in our country.
The notion of intelligence activity as a kind of foreign policy activity of the state, which is secretly carried out by a system of special services and affiliated organizations using specific means and forces, forms and methods in the interest of achieving certain interests, as well as diplomatic immunity, as release from criminal or administrative the civilian jurisdiction of diplomatic missions and person shaving a diplomatic status in the host countries solely for the effective performance of their duties on them tasks. Therefore, personal (ratione personae) and functional (ratione materiae) immunity should be distinguished, which should extend to government officials.
It is determined that diplomatic immunity is regulated not only by a set of international conventions but also by a system of national legalacts; it is proved that modern in ternationall awprovides certain opportunities for conducting intelligence work under diplomatic cover in the host country.
2. Felthem, R. D. (2004). Nastolnaia kniga diplomata [A diplomat's deskbook]. Minsk: Novoe znanie (63 p.) [in Russian].
3. Dalles, A. (1992). Iskusstvo razvedki [The Art of Intelligence]. Moscow: International Relations – Ulysses (354 p.) [in Russian].
4. Vydvorennyi iz Germanii rossiiskii dyplomat okazalsia ofitserom razvedki [A Russian diplomat expelled from Germany turned out to bean intelligence officer]. (2019). Yevropeiskaia pravda – European Truth. ozon.ru. Retrieved from https://www.ozon.ru/context/detail/id/1505566 (viewed 26.12.2019) [in Russian].
5. Venskaia konventsyia o diplomaticheskih snosheniiah. Priniata 18 aprelia 1961 goda [Vienna Convention on Diplomatic Relations. Adopted 18 April 1961]. (n. d.). un.org. Retrieved from http://www.un.org/ru/documents/ decl_conv/conventions/pdf/diprel.pdf (viewed 26.12.2019) [in Russian].
6. Venskaia konventsyia o konsulskikh snosheniiah. Priniata 24 aprelia 1963 goda [Vienna Convention on Consular Relations. Adopted 24 April 1963]. (n. d.). un.org. Retrieved from http://www.un.org/ru/documents/decl_conv/ conventions/pdf/consular.pdf (viewed 26.12.2019) [in Russian].
7. Druha dopovid pro imunitet posadovykh osib derzhavy vid inozemnoi kryminalnoi yurysdyktsii [Second Report on Immunity of Officials of the State from Foreign Criminal Jurisdiction]. (n. d.). undocs.org. Retrieved from https:// undocs.org/pdf?symbol=ru/A/CN.4/661 (viewed 26.12.2019) [in Ukrainian].
8. Kakie sigary liubil kurit ser Uinston Cherchill [What cigars did Sir Winston Churchill like to smoke]. (n. d.). 0629.com.ua.
Retrieved fromhttps://www.0629.com.ua/list/196543 (viewed 26.12.2019) [in Russian].
9. V Argentyni spalyly 400 kg «rosiiskoho dyplomatychnoho kokainu» [400 kg of «Russian diplomatic cocaine» burned in Argentina]. (n. d.). glavcom.ua. Retrieved from https://glavcom.ua/news/v-argentini-spalili-400-kg-rosiyskogo- diplomatichnogo-kokajinu-522072.html (viewed 26.12.2019) [in Ukrainian].
10. Baku stal habom dlia perebroski oruzhyia iz Vostochnoi Yevropy na Blizhnii Vostok [Baku has become a hub for transferring weapons from Eastern Europe to the Middle East]. (2019). eadaily.com. Retrieved from https://eadaily.com/ru/news/2019/11/13/baku-stal-habom-dlya-perebroski-oruzhiya-iz-vostochnoy-evropy-na-blizhniy-vostok (viewed 26.12.2019) [in Russian].
11. SShA i Assanzh: ohota za hakerom [US and Assange: the hunt for a hacker]. (n. d.). currenttime.tv. Retrieved from https://www.currenttime.tv/a/assange-ecuador-london-wikileaks/29863168.html (viewed 26.12.2019) [in Russian].
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.