CONTENTS AND MAIN PROSPECTS OF RUSSIAN ORTHODOX CHURCH PROPAGANDA IN THE CONTEXT OF THE HYBRID WAR BETWEEN RUSSIA AND UKRAINE
In the article analyzed the peculiarities of the Russian Orthodox Church (ROC) the propaganda as one of the most effective instruments of conducting the hybrid war between Russia and Ukraine. The conditions of church and state relations in realization of the imperial internal and foreign policy of the Russian authority are highlighted. Substantiation of the ideological content of the foreign policy of the Russian Federation (RF) in the context of religious activity is presented. The analysis of the essence of the ROC propaganda methods on the informational space of Ukraine during the hybrid war was carried out due to the popularization of the ideas of “russkiy mir”. The methods to which Russian political power resorts for interaction and control of religious propaganda at the foreign state is singled out. The efficiency of using pseudofactors of religious identity, unity and continuity of historical development of Russians and Ukrainians in advancing ideas of the concept of “russkiy mir” is substantiated. The directions, tasks and content of the ideological, political and religious influence of the Russian Orthodox Church on the public consciousness of the Ukrainian population are revealed. The Kremlin's ideologists' paradigm of long-term information-propaganda policy in leveling the statehood of the Ukrainian people is illustrated. The basic ways of conducting the ROC of informational and propagandistic activity on the territory of Ukraine are highlighted. The purposeful activity of intensifying interreligious controversy in Ukraine through the destructive criticism of Christian confession which support the patriotic and European integration aspirations of Ukrainians by the ROC has been shown. The ROCs attempt to avoid public discussion of the Crimean capture and the active participation of Russian mercenaries and special forces in sabotage actions in the East of Ukraine is indicated. The assessment of the threats of propaganda of the Russian Orthodox Church in cooperation with the UOC-MP in the manipulation of public consciousness and the spread of separatist sentiment is given.
2. Bezborodov, M.I. (2009). Russkaia pravoslavnaia tserkov i hosudarstvo: problemy vzaimodeistviia i prioritety [Russian Orthodox Church and State: Problems of Interaction and Priorities]. cyberleninka.ru. Retrieved from https://cyberleninka.ru/article/v/russkaya-pravoslavnaya-tserkov-i-gosudarstvo-problemy-vzaimodeystviya-i-prioritety [in Russian].
3. Osnovu sotsialnoi kontseptsyi Russkoi pravoslavnoi tserkvi [Fundamentals of the social concept of the Russian Orthodox Church]. (n.d.). mospat.ru. Retrieved from vhttps://mospat.ru/ru/documents/social-concepts/ [in Russian].
4. Zdioruk, S., & Haran, O. (2012). The Russian Orthodox Church as an Instrument of Russia`s Foreigh Policy towards Ukraine. In: Religion as the Instrument of Russian Foreign Policy towards Neighboring Countries Georgia, Latvia, Ukraine, Mtatsmindeli Publishing House. Tbilisi, pp. 54–100 [in English].
5. (Un) Holy Alliance: Vladimir Putin, The Russian Orthodox Church And Russian Exceptionalism. (2015). www.forbes.com. Retrieved from https://www.forbes.com/sites/paulcoyer/2015/05/21/unholy-alliance-vladimir-putin-and-the-russian-orthodox-church/#6b3df81f27d5 [in English].
6. Zdioruk, S.I., Yablonskyi, V.M. (Eds.), & Tokman, V.V. (2014). Ukraina ta proekt «russkoho myra» [Ukraine and the Project of the "Russian World"]. Kyiv: NISS [in Ukrainian].
7. Sferu hibrudnoi viynu (V.M. Yablonskyi, Ed.). (2017). In: Svitova hibrydna viina: ukrainskyi front – Hybrid World War: the Ukrainian Farefront (V.P. Horbulin, Ed.). Kyiv: NISD, 496 p. [in Ukrainian].
8. Yaremchuk, V. (2015). Rosiiska Pravoslavna Tserkva v informatsiino-propahandyskomu konstrukti polityky RF shchodo Ukrainy na suchasnomu etapi [Russian Orthodox Church in the informational and propaganda construct of RF policy towards Ukraine at the present stage]. Naukovi zapysky IPIEND – Scientific Notes of IPIEND, 3 (77), 247–273 [in Ukrainian].
9. Slovo Sviatiishoho Patriarkha Kyryla pislia Liturhii Peredosviachenukh Dariv u 38-u richnutsiu arhiiereiskoi hirotonii [The Word of His Holiness Patriarch Kirill after the Liturgy of the Pre-Consecrated Gifts to the 38th Anniversary of the Bishop's Priesthood]. (n.d.). www.patriarchia.ru. Retrieved from http://www.patriarchia.ru/ua/db/text/3588258.html [in Ukrainian].
10. Tserkov i politika: osnovy sotsialnoi kontseptsii Russkoi pravoslavnoi tserkvi [Church and politics: the basis of the social concept of the Russian Orthodox Church]. (n.d.). mospat.ru. Retrieved from https://mospat.ru/ru/documents/social-concepts [in Russian].
11. Kolodnyi, A. (2017). Relihiina merezha Ukrainy na pochatku 2017 r. [Religious network of Ukraine at the beginning of 2017]. Relihiina svoboda – Religious Freedom, 20, 62–79 [in Ukrainian].
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.