INVESTMENT AND INNOVATION IN THE UKRAINIANPOLISH TRANSBORDER REGION: THE EUROPEAN INTEGRATION CONTEXT
The problems of development of investment and innovation activity in the Ukrainian-Polish cross-border region are researching. Attention is focused on informal institutions of influence on the formation of investment potential of the trans-border region. Mainly destructive influence of the institutional mechanism on investment-innovation processes in the Ukrainian-Polish border is proved. The key barriers for intensification of investment-innovation processes in the neighboring border regions of Ukraine and Poland are outlining.
Negative impact of border trade and cross-border labor migration for the investment climate and innovative potential of the cross-border region have showed. This leads to a restriction of investment and innovation activity and complicates the process of European integration of the near-border regions of West Ukraine. This is due to the significant level of illegalization of cross-border trade operations and migration processes. As a result, in the process of increasing their volume, the share of innovations in the economy of neighboring with Poland regions of Ukraine is decreasing. In addition, there is a reduction of the cost for researching and development as for investment in the innovative activities of industrial enterprises. Also, there is a decrease of the number of employees involved in the implementation of research and development. The measures aimed for overcoming the identified institutional dysfunctions and organizational and economic barriers in the process of further deepening European integration and bringing Ukraine closer to the EU have proposed. For achievement of this target, cooperation between local authorities and academic institutions and civil society institutions aimed at creating cross-border innovation hubs is proposed. In particular, priority is given to the need to implement the institutional foundations of the creative economy in the Ukrainian-Polish transborder region. It is also proposed to intensify the use of cross-sectoral partnerships for implement modern tools of innovations commercialization in the all territory of Ukrainian-Polish transborder region.
2. Mihratsiinyi profil Ukrainy za 2016 rik [Migration profile of Ukraine for 2016]. (2017). Kyiv: State Migration Service of Ukraine, рp. 48–49 [in Ukrainian].
3. Syrochuk, N. (2014). Mizhnarodna trudova mihratsiia ukraintsiv do krain Yevropeiskoho Soiuzu [International labor migration of Ukrainians to the countries of the European Union]. economy.kpi.ua. Retrieved from www. economy.kpi.ua/files/files/12_kpi_2014.doc/ [in Ukrainian].
4. Riul, V. (2012). Spetsyfika Zakarpatskoi transkordonnoi trudovoi mihratsii ta sotsialnykh protsesiv, poviazanykh z neiu [Specificity of Transcarpathian transborder labor migration and social processes associated with it]. Naukovyi visnyk Uzhorodskoho natsionalnoho universytetu – Scientific Bulletin of the Uzhgorod National University. dspace.uzhnu.edu.ua. Retrieved from http://dspace. uzhnu.edu.ua/jspui/bitstream/lib/11999/1/СПЕЦИФІКА% 20 ЗАК АРПАТСЬКОЇ%20 ТРАНСКОРДОННОЇ%20ТРУДОВОЇ%20МІГРАЦІЇ%20ТА%20СОЦІАЛЬНИХ%20ПРОЦЕСІВ.pdf/ [in Ukrainian].
5. Ukrainski zarobitchany vse chastishe perekazuiut hroshi «tsyvilizovano», a ne «avtobusnymy perekazamy» [Ukrainian laborers are increasingly transferring money «civilized» rather than «bus transfers»]. (n.d.). goloskarpat.info. Retrieved from http://goloskarpat.info/blog/suspilstvo/ 27653.html#ixzz2RqEo83Ll/ [in Ukrainian].
6. Zasadko, V. (2013). Shchodo minimizatsii nehatyvnykh naslidkiv trudovoi mihratsii v Karpatskomu Yevrorehioni [About Minimizing the Negative Consequences of Labor Migration in the Carpathian Euroregion]. niss.gov.ua. Retrieved from http://www.niss.gov.ua/ articles/1179/ [in Ukrainian].
7. Skyba, M. (2016). Kreatyvna ekonomika v Yevropi. Piat krokiv dlia zletu [Creative economy in Europe. Five steps to take off]. life.pravda.com.ua. Retrieved from https://life. pravda.com.ua/culture/2016/03/21/209710/ [in Ukrainian].
8. Melnychenko, T. (2015). Kreatyvna ekonomika v Ukraini: perspektyvy ta realnist [Creative economy in Ukraine: prospects and reality]. kyivmusiclabs.com. Retrieved from http://kyivmusiclabs.com/2015/10/01/ креативна-економіка-в-україні-перспе/ [in Ukrainian].
9. Skyba, M. (2016). Kreatyvna ekonomika v Yevropi. Laskavo prosymo u svit samostiinoho eksperymentuvannia [Creative economy in Europe. Welcome to the world of independent experimentation]. life.pravda.com.ua. Retrieved from: https://life.pravda.com.ua/culture/2016/03/23/ 209738/ [in Ukrainian].
10. U Lvovi stvoriuiut pershu instaliatsiiu parku nauky i kreatyvnosti [In Lviv, the first installation of the park of science and creativity is being created]. (n.d.). tvoemisto.tv. Retrieved from http://tvoemisto.tv/news/u_lvovi_stvoryuyut_pershu_instalyatsiyu_parku_nauky_i_kreatyvnosti_87891. html/ [in Ukrainian].
11. «Kreatyvnyi kvartal» – tse «Dzyha» 90-kh [«Creative Quarter» is «Dzyga» of the 90’s]. (n.d.). zaxid.net. Retrieved from https://zaxid.net/kreativniy_kvartal__ tse_dzia_90h_ n1382278/ [in Ukrainian].