DISHARMONY OF ECONOMIC FREEDOM OF UKRAINE
Thematic justification. The issue of research on economic freedom has attracted the attention of researchers from various fields of science – from economic to legal. A polyaspect content of economic freedom was developed by the inheritance of characteristics of the multifaceted nature of freedom scientific category and tendencies that directly or indirectly describe various economic processes. Thus, the available researches of economic freedom are largely devoted to the benefits of choosing an economically free type of development and, therefore, show its results such as higher GDP growth rate in more economically free country; income per capita; level, quality and life expectancy of citizens of a country; even poor countries, whose policy is focused on the principles of economic freedom, are developing faster than other countries with similar basic macroeconomic indicators etc. At the same time, such conclusions are too generalized and mostly do not touch upon the "internal mechanisms" of economic freedom. Partially the problem concerns the fact that available indexes of economic freedom – the The Heritage Foundation and the The Fraser Institute – are mostly used for geoeconomic illustrations of leaders and outsiders of economically free and non-free countries and finding similarities and differences in their development, while the interrelations between the constituent elements of economic freedom practically are not examined.
The author made a scientific guess that, leaving the imperfection of existing indexes of economic freedom beyond the study, first of all, it is necessary to carry out scientific research of the uniformity (nonuniformity) of the component trends in one of these indexes. Secondly, it is necessary to try finding out how a change of one component affects another or depends on it. The reason for such guess is the position of Ukraine in the ratings of economic freedom in 2017, according to which the country is not inferior to the leader states according to certain indicators, taking one of the lowest steps.
The purpose of the article is to reveal and assess the interrelations and dependency between the elements of the general economic freedom index by the example of Ukraine.
Obtained results. The author reveals characteristics of structural disharmony of the settings of the economic freedom of Ukraine.
Conclusions. According to the results of the The Heritage Foundation’s study of the economic freedom indexes trends in Ukraine (1995–2017), the author comes to the conclusion that fiscal freedom, financial freedom, government spending, monetary freedom, trade freedom and labor freedom have the most significant impact on the overall value of such an index while, for example, "freedom from corruption" has a minimal and inverse influence. Structural disharmony limits the strengthening and growth of economic freedom of the country. For the purpose of its avoiding, it is necessary to achieve "the same rate" of reforms and multifactor assessment of the impact of their consequences on the country’s economic freedom, its national security and stability.
2. Galochkina, O.A. (1996). Ekonomicheskaia svoboda i yeie granitsy [Economic Freedom and Its Limits]. Extended abstract of candidate’s thesis. Cheboksary [in Russian].
3. Gafarov, Sh.H. (2009). Ekonomicheskaia svoboda i razvitiie promyshlennosti [Economic Freedom and Industrial Development]. Candidate’s thesis. SPb. [in Russian].
4. Oiken, V. (1996). Osnovy natsionalnoy ekonomii [Fundamentals of National Economy]. Moscow [in Russian].
5. Smit, A. (2007). Issledovaniie o prirode i prichinakh bogatstva narodov [An Inquiry into the Nature and auses of the Wealth of Nations]. Moscow: Eksmo [in Russian].
6. Fridman, M. & Khaiiek, F. (2003). O svobode [On Freedom]. (Is. 2). Moscow: Sotsium, Tri kvadrata [in Russian].
7. Drebentsov, V. Liberalnaia ekonomika i ekonomicheskaia nesvoboda [Liberal Economy and Economic Unfreedom]. Mezhdunarodnie protsessy – International Processes. (n. d.). intertrends.ru. Retrieved from http://in- tertrends.ru/rubrics/realnost/journals/svobodai-nesvoboda/articles/liberalnaya-ekonomika-i-ekonomicheskaya-nesvoboda [in Russian].
8. Gwartney, J., Holcombe, R., & Lawson, R. (1998). The Scope of Government and the Wealth of Nations. Cato Journal, Vol. 18, 2, 163–190 [in English].
9. Baranovskii, O.I. (2006). Bezpeka hroshovoho obihu [Security of Money Turnover]. Rehionalna ekonomika – Regional Economy, 2, 130–142 [in Ukrainian].