The editorial board of the journal asks the authors to comply with the following requirements when submitting manuscripts to Strategic Panorama.
- The editorial office accepts articles that have not been previously published, belong to the author (or co-authors), comply with the focus and scope of the journal and these Guidelines.
- Manuscripts submitted to the editorial office are checked for plagiarism.
- The process of reviewing the article can last up to six months. In accordance with the requirements of the Ministry of Education and Science of Ukraine (Order No. 32 of January 15, 2018) all the manuscripts submitted undergo an independent double-blind peer-review procedure. The results of the review, comments, suggestions and recommendations are sent to the author by e-mail. Other correspondence with the authors is not provided.
- The decision on the papers submitted by the authors is taken by the editorial board. The Scientific Council of the National Institute for Strategic Studies recommends the manuscript of the journal to be published.
- Approved for publication papers undergo editing in the editorial office. The edited version of the paper is agreed with the author.
- By sending the manuscript to the email address of the journal (email@example.com), the author:
1) declares that copyright of the manuscript belongs to him or her according to the legislation of Ukraine on copyright and related rights;
2) all the borrowed elements of the manuscript (in particular, quotations and illustrations) are used in accordance with the rules of academic integrity as well as with the legislation of Ukraine on copyright and related rights;
3) gives consent to the processing of his or her personal data in accordance with the current legislation of Ukraine. It should be stated in the author’s letter to the editorial office: «Yes, I agree to have my data collected and stored according to the privacy statement».
- Copyright infringement is the responsibility of the author (authors) of the manuscript submitted.
- Manuscripts submitted are not returned to the authors. The reviews are kept for three years.
Structure and layout of the article
- The article should be written in Ukrainian or English and contain the following elements (presented in the following order in the manuscript):
- UDC code;
- title of the paper in English and Ukrainian (in CAPITAL LETTERS);
- information about the author in Ukrainian and English languages: surname, name, patronymic; degree, academic rank; full name of the position, place of work (full name of the institution or company); locality; country; contact phone (with the local code if necessary); e-mail address;
- identical summaries in Ukrainian and English languages of not less than 1800 characters (with spaces) including the purpose and results obtained. Texts of the summaries are placed after the title in appropriate language (for Ukrainian-language articles – first in Ukrainian, then in English, for English-language articles – vice versa);
- keywords (from three to eight, are given after the appropriate subtitle, which should be in bold italic (Ключові слова: / Keywords:) ;
- the list of literature formatted in accordance to ДСТУ 8302-2015; in electronic sources a retrieval date should be included;
- References(the list of literature in Roman script) which should be prepared using international bibliographic standard APA 7.
А. Sources in Roman script are cited as they are. For instance:
Ahmed, S. (2012). On being included: Racism and diversity in institutional life. Duke University Press.
Nguyen, T., Carnevale, J. J., Scholer, A. A., Miele, D. B., & Fujita, K. (2019). Metamotivational knowledge of the role of high-level and low-level construal in goal-relevant task performance. Journal of Personality and Social Psychology, 117(5), 879–899. http://dx.doi.org/10.1037/pspa0000166
Merriam-Webster's collegiate dictionary (11th ed.). (2003). Merriam-Webster.
Schultz, S. (2005, December). Calls made to strengthen state energy policies. The Country Today, 1A, 2A.
Huang, S., Pierce, R., & Stamey, J. (Eds.). (2006). Proceedings of the 24th annual ACM international conference on the design of communication. ACM Digital Library. https://dl.acm.org/citation.cfm?id=1166324&picked=prox
Quantum mechanics. (2019, November 19). In Wikipedia. https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Quantum_mechanics&oldid=948476810
Bureau of International Organization Affairs. (2018). U.S. contributions to international organizations, 2017 [Annual report]. U.S. Department of State. https://www.state.gov/u-s-contributions-to-international-organizations/
National Alliance on Mental Illness. (n.d.). Mental health conditions. https://www.nami.org/Learn-More/Mental-Health-Conditions
B. Titles of sources in Cyrillic should be translated into English. The name and initials of the author (authors) of the source; titles of conference proceedings, publishing houses, places of publication should be transliterated in Roman script. The language of the original should be provided in square brackets, e.g. [in Ukrainian], [in Bolgarian]. The DOI (if there is any) should also be added. Transliterated titles of the periodicals should be italicized and be cited as they are on the ISSN portal (e.g. Strategìčna panorama). Official titles of the periodicals in English may also be cited. Titles of the periodicals, which are not included in the ISSN database, should be cited according to the general rule. In news electronic sources retrieval date should be included. Names of organizations are cited in English in the version they use.
Note: Sources in Ukrainian language should be transliterated according to the Decree of the Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine No. 55 of January 27, 2010 “On Transliteration of Ukrainian Alphabet in Roman script”. http://ukrlit.org/transliteratsiia may be used for this purpose. To transliterate sources in Cyrillic in other languages it is recommended to use http://www.translitteration.com (BGN/PCGN standard).
Zhalilo, Ya. A. (2003). Economic strategy of the state: theory, methodology, practice. Kyiv: NISS, 368 p. [in Ukrainian].
Liutyi, I. O., Zrazhevska, N. V., & Rozhko, O. D. (2008). State credit and debt policy of Ukraine. Kyiv: Tsentr uchbovoi literatury, 352 p. [in Ukrainian].
Kotler, F., & Keller, K. L. (2007). Marketing management (12nd ed., rev.). Saint Petersburg: Piter, pp. 15–25 [in Russian].
Posokhov, S. (2020). Issues of theory and practice of historical imagology: the Ukrainian dimension. The Ideology and Politics Journal, 2(16), 7–29. https://doi.org/10.36169/2227-6068.2020.01.00010 [in Ukrainian].
Kryvoshein, V. V. (2016). The impact of the “revolution of dignity” on the political and legal culture of the Ukrainian society. Visnyk Natsionalnoho universytetu “Yurydychna academia Ukrainy imeni Yaroslava Mudroho”, 2, 37–58 [in Ukrainian].
Kondratov, S. І., & Sukhodolia, O. М. (2020). The State critical infrastructure protection system in the national security system. Kyiv: NISS, 36 р. https://niss.gov.ua/sites/default/files/2020-08/dopovid-systema-zahystu-krytychnoyi-infrastructury_0.pdf [in Ukrainian].
In the NISS a presentation took place of the analytical report “Transformation of the external economic relations between Ukraine and the Russian Federation: the years 2010–2020”. (2021, February 03). National Institute for Strategic Studies. Retrieved February 18, 2020 from https://niss.gov.ua/news/novini-nisd/v-nisd-vidbulas-prezentaciya-analitichnoi-dopovidi-transformaciya [in Ukrainian].
National Institute for Strategic Studies. (2020). Position paper on Ukraine’s policy towards the Russian Federation. https://niss.gov.ua/sites/default/files/2020-12/tezi_ukr.pdf [in Ukrainian].
Verkhovna Rada of Ukraine. (2010). Budget Code of Ukraine from 08.07.2010 No. 2456-VI. Retrieved May 12, 2020 from http://zakon3.rada.gov.ua/laws/show/2456-17 [in Ukrainian].
Verkhovna Rada of Ukraine. (2003). On the Fundamentals of National Security. Law of Ukraine of 2003, June 19, No. 964-IV. Vidomosti Verkhovnoi Rady Ukrainy (VVR), 39, Art. 351 [in Ukrainian].
Martiienko, А. І. (2011). The theoretical basis of property relations on natural resources. In I. P. Kysiuk (Ed.), Estimates and forecasts qualities of land. Kyiv: Universytetska knyha, pp. 132–144 [in Ukrainian].
Naumov, О. G. (2013). Determinants of investment climate [Extended abstract of candidate’s thesis, ONTU]. Odesa: ONTU [in Ukrainian].
Volchkov, O. Ye. (2011). Strategic planning of enterprises [Doctoral dissertation, ONTU]. Odesa: ONTU [in Ukrainian].
Kyrychuk, О. V. (1994). Mentality: essence, functions, genesis. Proceedings of the International scientific and practical conference Mentality. Spirituality. Self-development of personality (Ukraine, Lutsk, June 18–23, 1994). Kyiv; Lutsk, pp. 7–11 [in Ukrainian].
Pylypiv, O. Z. (2015). Organization of the educational process in the primary level of private Catholic schools. Proceedings of the internet scientific and practical conference Trendy ta perspektyvy rozvytku nauky ta osvity u konteksti hlobalizatcii (Ukraine, Pereiaslav-Khmelnytskyi, February 21–22, 2015). Pereiaslav-Khmelnytskyi, Issue 1, pp. 252–255 [in Ukrainian].
- The main text of the article (without the list of sources and annexes) should not exceed 60 thousand symbols with intervals.
- The file should be in Microsoft Word document file format without headers. The text should be 1.5-spaced, in 14-point Times New Roman font. The margins: top, bottom – 2 cm, left – 3 cm, right – 1.5 cm; paragraph indent – 1.25 cm. Pages numbers should be in the bottom right corner.
- References in the text should be in square brackets, where the source number from the list of literature and, if necessary, the page number are indicated (e. g: [7, p. 11]). Numbering of references in the text of the article corresponds to their sequence in the list of literature. Footnotes and notes should be presented page by page. Bibliographic descriptions in them should match ДСТУ 8302-2015.
- The illustrations must meet the following requirements:
- each illustration should be submitted as a separate file saved in the same program it has been made (not inserted in Microsoft Word): in particular, Microsoft Word – pseudographics, diagrams, Microsoft Graph – graphs, Microsoft Excel – graphs or diagrams, Photoshop – photos, other raster graphics, Illustrator– all vector graphics, including logos. It must be possible to edit illustrations in these programs;
- elements of illustrations made in Microsoft Word editor should be grouped;
- inscriptions on drawings, legends to them etc. are presented in the language of the paper;
- tables should be made in Microsoft Word editor;
- all illustrations must be in black and white;
- illustrations and tables should be tied to the text by references, e.g. (fig.2), (table 3);
- formulas are executed in Microsoft Equation or in Illustrator editor;
- scanned illustrations should be agreed upon with the editorial office;
- illustrations that have been downloaded from the Internet must refer to the source and be translated (if necessary). Illustrations that have been downloaded from the Internet and translated, rebuilt or supplemented must refer to the source. Such downloads must comply with the legislation of Ukraine on copyright and related rights.
- The author(s) of the paper carries the responsibility for reliability of the presented facts and data, validity of the conclusions and recommendations made. The author(s) also takes responsibility in case of academic integrity violation (plagiarism) in the submitted manuscript.
- The manuscript, signed by the author (with the scanned signature or electronic digital signature in the electronic version), should be submitted by e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. The file name should be in English.